Saturday, March 30, 2013

Accessories Anonymous: New Oversize Watch

While shopping earlier this week, I decided it was finally time for a new watch. I'd purchased one on my shopping trip a couple of weeks ago- it was an amazing deal at only $4.77! But, after wearing it for a few days, I just stopped liking it. And then I started hating it. And while I plan to hold onto it because I may start liking it again at some point, I knew it was time to try something new.

For years, I've always looked at my watch choice as being one that I want to be innocuous, to blend in with the type of wrist jewelry that I wear every day, namely my Tiffany's bracelet. But while strolling through the mall, I saw a truly over-sized watch and I decided to give it a try. Minutes later, I was handing over my credit card. I just fell in love with the look!


I joked with Juhree that it looks like I've got poor vision, but there's something about it that I love. Later on that day, I snapped a photo in a fitting room so that I could see the proportion on me. It's definitely a bold accessory, but it works.


Sorry for the terrible lighting. I just love that goofy watch! It's hard to see the detail of it, so here's the manufacturer's photo:


The band is white leather, and I love how the winding mechanism is offset instead of being centered on the side. It's a lot more comfortable, actually. Something I never thought about until I tried on a watch like this. Smart design is so refreshing. 

If you're in the market for a fun, oversized watch, here are a few similar to mine: 



Nemesis Women's Oversized Watch, Overstock.com, $43.99

Mostly I'm excited about this watch because now when people ask me what time it is, I won't have to fumble in my purse for my cell phone. I'll be able to promptly reply, "Time to get a watch!" 

Have a great day! Thanks for stopping by! 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails