Tuesday, February 5, 2013

TV Inspiration: Downton Abbey

Yesterday, I posted a blog inspired by the fashion of the leading ladies in Mad Men. Today, I'm taking you back a few more decades to the 20's and 30's styles of Downton Abbey. For anyone who hasn't seen this show, do yourself a favor and go watch the first season. You'll be hooked immediately. Even if the melodrama of uppity British aristocracy wasn't enough, the clothes on this show are absolutely to die for! Beaded sheaths, stunning jackets, fascinators and hats galore- it's a fashion dream!

My favorite part of getting dressed every day is accessorizing, so let's look at some stunning Downton Abbey-inspired accessories to make every outfit just a little more glamorous:

Acacia Bracelet, Jenny Packham
Can't you see this bracelet with  fabulous party dress? Something completely luxurious, of course. 

Style My Sunshine Hat, Modcloth
It's hard to picture yourself strolling through the grounds of a British estate on a warm, sunny, spring day, but this hat certainly helps me imagine it. 

Natasha Couture Multistrand Necklace, Nordstrom
I love how the ladies of Downton layer long beaded necklaces over their stunning beaded dinner dresses. Watching the show, you can hear the sound they make when the beads bump against each other. No matter what crisis is being discussed, I'm always distracted by that sound. 

Nina Ricci Leather Gloves, Barney's
What Downton Abbey-inspired post would be complete without a stunning pair of long, elegant gloves? This show makes me want to wear gloves all the time. It also makes me want to wear evening wear to dinner every night, but that's another issue.... 

Speaking of evening gowns... 


Do you have a TV show that inspires you? Whether it's for the fashion, the scenic design, the music- leave a comment and tell me what you love about it! 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails