Sunday, February 3, 2013

A Hair Conundrum

Right now, my hair is about shoulder-length with some serious blonde roots that blend into a dark brown. For my birthday, my mom is treating me to a new hairstyle and that appointment is just days away. I'm feeling a little stressed because while I'm ready for a change, I can't quite decide on what kind of change I want to make! I went online to try another one of those virtual make-overs. Here are the options I've come up with:

Option #1

Option #2

I like option #1 because it's drastic. I like the idea of a dramatically shorter haircut, even a pixie style. The problem is that I don't want to look too boyish. Short haircuts have to be just right in order to also be feminine. Option #2 is good because while it is slightly less dramatic of a change, it also looks like it would be more versatile. I could even curl it for an effect similar to this: 



As of this minute, as I type this post, I'm leaning towards option #1, just because it's such a departure from what I've had for so long. I'm ready for a change. The question is: Will that haircut be the right change? I'm also going to get some color done. You may remember my tweet from last week, "My roots are so bad, I'm going to have to start telling people it's the new 'ombre' look." True story. So, do I stick with the dark chestnut brown? Or maybe try a little bit of a different color? 

I love this look: 


So, what do you think? I've only got a couple of days to decide, so leave a comment right away! The thing about hair, is that it grows, so any change I make today is far from permanent and I've never been one to get that upset over a botched haircut. Still, it's fun to plan it out and try to come up with something a little outside of my comfort zone. 

And of course, this post wouldn't be complete without a dramatic make-over. I used the virtual make-over website to give myself a completely new look: 

Very dramatic make-up along with the short haircut make for quite a statement for me. I do love the lip color, but it's a little too much when combined with a dramatic eye. Fortunately, this is all just make-believe! 

Have you ever tried a virtual make-over? It's pretty easy to kill a couple of hours playing with it. I speak from experience, of course. Enjoy the rest of your day, everyone! And as always, thanks for reading! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I vote #2! I love that one! As for color...go red! It's fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails