Thursday, November 15, 2012

Trend Alert: Collar Necklaces

For years, the prevailing necklace trend has centered around bibs. No matter the medium, designers have been creating statement bib necklaces in eye catching colors, patterns and materials for quite a while. We were due for an update, or at least something new. I kind of love the new collar trend:




Whether the necklace is made with chains, beads, fabric, plastic, metal- there is something sweet and cool about them. They work with lots of different tops, but I especially love them on a button-front shirt that has a collar of its own. The contrast is usually so striking and interesting to look at. I honestly can't even remember when I first saw this trend, but I think it was around this time last year. It's only grown in popularity, and I just love it. I don't have a Peter Pan collar necklace myself, but I do have an adorable top with a jeweled Peter Pan collar attached that is just fabulous. I'll have to make an outfit with it soon so I can show it to all of you. 

What do you think of this trend? Are you on board? Do you think it will last or is it fleeting? Leave a comment because you KNOW I want to know what you're thinking! 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails