Saturday, November 10, 2012

Traveling Style

As you know, this weekend I'm in North Carolina visiting the Professor. I keep coming back to the feeling of amazement that we've been doing this long-distance-dating thing for over a year now! It really flew by! The whole situation has me reflecting on the first time I flew down there to meet face-to-face. I was careful to put together three perfect outfits for the trip- one for our romantic first dinner date, one for a casual day hanging out and one "airport" or "traveling" outfit. For the "airport" outfit I wanted something comfortable as I was going to be traveling for several hours that day, but I also wanted something pretty, feminine and that showed my personal style. This was going to be the first time he saw me in person, so I needed it to be just right. I wanted casual, but eye-catching, and of course effortless- I didn't want to look like I was trying too hard, of course. (Oh, the silly games we play.) I put together an outfit that ended up being perfect.

Travel Outfit



The picture above isn't the exact outfit I wore, but it has all the essential elements. I chose a casual, jersey dress, but the color was key- it was a rich shade of red that was perfect as my "eye-catching" element. What better color for romance than red, right? I wanted to keep the look casual, so I opted for my favorite denim jacket and then I kept the accessories simple- brown belt, tan boots and earrings.

The Professor was actually surprised when I said I was planning to change for dinner into something a little nicer. He's a mountain man who doesn't really dress up all that often. He's always been very supportive of my fashion obsession- an important quality in a boyfriend.

Do you remember the outfit you were wearing when you met your better half? Leave a comment and tell me all about it!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails