Saturday, November 17, 2012

Beauty Product Review: Falsies!

I have been no stranger to the mystical, magical world of false eyelashes. They were part of my daily life back when I worked in theatre- it was basically mandatory to wear them when on stage. Working in the bridal industry, I know that it's pretty standard to wear them for the big day as they photograph so well. As far as daily use, that was a different matter. No matter what mascaras I tried, no matter how much they professed to give you the "false lash effect," they never quite worked that well. And every false eyelash set I'd ever tried just looked a little too over-the-top for every day. It was quite the beauty dilemma.

While at Sephora one day, I happened upon their false eyelash section and the coolest thing about it was that they had sample lashes on a little wand. The wand allowed you to hold the lash up to your eye and see how they would look on your face once applied. It made it SO easy to find the perfect set that truly enhanced my eyes and didn't look fake AT ALL. The key is that they are not quite a full set. They are applied about mid-lid and extend to the outer lid. They blend beautifully with my own lashes, but they have a major natural-looking impact. I get compliments on them every time I wear them and most of the time, the person complimenting me on how they look had originally asked what mascara I was wearing. I'm always honest and tell them that it really has nothing to do with the mascara- that I'm wearing falsies!


And here I am actually wearing them: 



Another less expensive option that is nearly as effective are these by Ardell:


Have you ever worn false lashes? Are they part of your daily make-up routine or do you save them for special occasions? Leave a comment below. I'm dying to know what other people think of this little beauty trick. 

3 comments:

Heidi Lyn said...

Great article Renee! I love wearing falsies but I had the same problem: too extravagant for everyday use. I like to just take one lash from a full set and snip it in half. I put each half on the outer part of each lid and presto! I have also used the kind that are just little pieces of lash, and you can use 2 or 3 on the outer lid and get the same effect. Someday I might try a lash growth serum like Latisse, but I just don't know enough about it yet to actually use it. In the meantime, falsies, an eyelash curler and mascara are my best friends :)

Renée T. Habashy said...

Thanks, Heide! I've tried the individual ones, too, but taking them off was miserable. Also, I never mastered putting them on, they always felt a little askew, even if they looked good. As for cutting bigger sts in half, I've tried that, too, but I love how these "demi" sets are tapered and also a little bigger than half of a full set. Thanks for reading and commenting!

Renée T. Habashy said...

Whoops- my auto-correct changed the spelling of your name. Sorry, Heidi! Lol

Related Posts with Thumbnails