Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Shoesday Tuesday- A Quest for Nude Shoes

So.... I've got a pretty exciting date planned for this Saturday night and I'm really looking forward to it. While I won't be telling you guys much more about the specifics, I will be happy to talk about the outfit planning I've been doing for it.

The most difficult part was finding an appropriate shoe for my date night look. I went on a quest for an amazing nude shoe. The dress I plan to wear is simple, flattering and somewhat neutral in color. Eventually I'll take a photo for you guys, but for now you'll have to use your imagination. The challenge for me was to find an awesome pair of nude shoes and a great clutch to go with the dress. It was harder than you might think- when everything you're wearing is pretty much neutral, it's actually difficult to avoid looking very matchy-matchy. Unfortunately, a pop of color just wasn't appropriate, but in the end I was successful.

Since I'd like to keep my date outfit to myself, this post is going to cover the shoes that I really thought would work, but that didn't for some reason or another. Sometimes it's just as important to know why something doesn't work as it is to find the one that does.

The first reject was a shoe I fell in love with from across the store. When I tried it on, I was so incredibly disappointed! It has so much promise!

I wanted SO much for this shoe to work- it's nude, but also dressy, and it has a funky side to it with that cool bow on the side. It even looked as though it would be flattering AND secure with the strap across the front and the strap in the back. Unfortunately, this is a shoe that makes even the thinnest foot look FAT. From the strap across the toe to the diagonal strap across the top of the foot- this shoe squeezes and holds in all the wrong places. I had foot fat. Major foot fat. My friend Melanie can testify to it. It was a real shame. 

After rejecting the bow-detail sandals, I ran across another amazing pair of shoes- funky and dressy, but still nude. Again, they caught my eye from across the room: 


You may remember these from this post. Yup, they're the shoes I bought to wear for Beth's wedding on November 12th. While I do think they would be the perfect choice (after all, they're pretty much the perfect nude shoe), I am saving them for Beth's wedding. After her wedding, I'll wear them all the time, but not before. 

Finally, I considered these cool, gold glitter pumps: 


I actually found these shoes months ago at Marshalls for only $25, and I've worn them a couple of times. They are fun and technically "nude" because the glitter is more of a champagne than a gold. But they just weren't the right vibe for the dress or the date. 

In the end, I did find an awesome pair of funky, dressy, nude heels. And yes, I'll show them to you eventually. In the meantime, I hope you enjoyed reading about the rejects! 

Happy Shoesday Tuesday! 



3 comments:

Maria said...

I'm glad you got the ones with the bow on the toe, even if you can't wear them yet. They're gorgeous! The others are pretty too, but those were my favorites.

Anonymous said...

I got the black version if #2 the shoe with the bow on the toe - wore them to a wedding this weekend with the Navy blue dress Renee made me. They were a hit - so was the dress, honestly Renee I could have taken dress orders at this wedding!

Renée T. Habashy said...

Ooh- Mel! I can't believe I forgot to mention that! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails