Sunday, November 20, 2011

Rate My Look- Yup, it's a tiny hat

I wore this outfit to work the other day and got lots of compliments as well as lots of insults:

Skirt: Zara
Jacket: Charlotte Russe (I stole it from McKenzie, though)
Hat: H&M
Shoes: Random store in Providence, RI that I forget the name of
Bag: Salmagundi (bridesmaid gift from Beth)

The majority of the outfit got the thumbs up from everyone (especially the shoes), but what caused such controversy and outcry was the tiny hat that I wore. Yes, I admit that it's not exactly in season, but we've had a few unseasonably warm days here (much like today), so I decided to wear it. I was with two coworkers when I bought this hat and they both tried incredibly hard to stop me from buying it. Phrases like, "Circus clown" and "monkey hat" and "you look stupid" were used to deter me. As you can see, none of them worked. Once at work, the opinions were split- some loved it, some hated it. There really wasn't an in-between. And I suspect some who claimed to love it were just saying that so as not to hurt my feelings. Regardless of what anyone thinks, I love it! And you can call me crazy or stupid or lame or anything else you like. I loved wearing this tiny hat all day! I'll probably wear it again once the weather warms up. 

So what do you think of my outfit and my tiny hat? Love it? Hate it? Leave a comment and tell me what you think!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Life is too short not to wear something you love. I'm so happy you wore your adorable tiny hat.

Maria said...

I vote LOVE!

Related Posts with Thumbnails