Friday, October 14, 2011

Tip Top Taupe

On Wednesday, several of my co-workers and I took a trip to a local mall. We had some serious shopping to do and we were very successful. We all seem to have trips coming up in the next few weeks and it was the perfect excuse for some fresh, new pieces to add to our wardrobes. Some of us were shopping for accessories, others for clothes, but we all had "must have" items. For Sadie, it was jewelry to match her bridesmaid dress for her sister's wedding in Antigua. For McKenzie, it was a fabulous blazer for a trip to NYC. For me, I wanted a great neutral cross-body satchel- not only for a quick trip I'm taking next month, but also for life. I realized that I don't have many options when it comes to hands-free bags. In the end, I found a gorgeous taupe faux-leather bag at New York and Company, so I snatched it up:

Turnlock Bag with Front Buckles, New York & Company, 44.95 

The one in the front of the photo is the color I chose. The light pink was also appealing, but I figured the soft tan would be more versatile and classic. I also love how the faux- leather is sort of weathered and worn- the bag looks broken in already. The shoulder strap is the perfect length, plus there's a handle in case I decide not to wear it. This may very well become my new favorite bag.

Have you made any spectacular purchases lately? Maybe you re-discovered an item in your closet. Tell me about it- just leave a comment! 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails