Thursday, October 20, 2011

Things that bother me. Somewhat illogically...

Whenever I'm out shopping with someone and they are looking for something specific, it sometimes annoys me when they have an illogical reason for rejecting an item. And then I realized, I'm exactly the same. So I thought I'd share some of the things that will cause me to veto an item:

1.) A one-piece that looks like a 2-piece:

Tiered Combo Dress, Ann Taylor Loft, $89.50

It's not so much the difference in color that bothers me, it's more the different textiles in addition to different colors. When it looks like a skirt and a blouse, but it's actually a dress, I just hate it. It's completely illogical- there's no good reason for hating such a concept and yet I do. I can't explain it. 

2.) Front-only embellishments:

Lace Ruffle Front Top, Forever 21, $17.80

You may not think there's anything wrong with this top- it's got cute tiers of lace and jersey ruffles, and it probably looks great with a pair of jeans. My issue with it is that the ruffles are ONLY on the front:


I know that there are plenty of circumstances when the embellishment should only be in the front, but when it literally stops at the side seam, I find it irritating. Again, it's not entirely logical, I just hate how it looks. If I saw a top that had ruffles on the front, but not on the back, that would be reason enough for me to veto it. 

I feel kind of the same way about this type of sequin top: 
Sexy Cardi Sweater, Victoria's Secret, $69.50

See the way the sequins just abruptly stop at the side seam? Hate it. Now, here's where it gets really illogical- I probably would not want a cardigan like this where the sequins go all the way around, either! So crazy, but it's just the way I feel. 

What kind of things make you want to veto a piece of clothing? A friend of mine won't wear sling-back heels. They're not uncomfortable to her, but she just won't wear them- she wants a full or completely open heel, nothing in between. Another friend completely avoids long necklaces for no apparent reason. Leave a comment to tell me your wardrobe quirks. 

1 comment:

Style Journey said...

Interesting question! I have a funny thing about the dress that looks like a top and skirt too. Not sure why. Also, I try to avoid scoop neck cardigas. I just like the v-neck ones better.

Heather

Related Posts with Thumbnails