Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Pumpkin

For me, fall is all about pumpkin. Pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin bread, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin chili, pumpkin lasagna (those last two sound weird, I know, but trust me they are awesome. Email me for a recipe). While tangerine was hot for spring and summer, pumpkin is the on-trend color for fall. The thing about fall is that pumpkin is everywhere and while I love it, I rarely think to wear it. It's actually an awesome color that can be really flattering on just about any skin tone if it's in the right shade. I noticed that The Limited seemed to have done some really amazing pieces in rich, pumpkin hues that were sophisticated, stylish and affordable.


Scoop Neck Sweater, The Limited, $49.90

Batwing Top, The Limited, $39.90

Faux-Suede Bomber Jacket, The Limited, $128

Wearing pumpkin-colored clothing can be a challenge simply because orange (even in beautiful shades) can be hard to pair with other colors. To keep the look sophisticated and as far from Halloween-y as possible, pair it with deep brown, luxurious cream and rich amber. Finish off the look with gold jewelry. Avoid pairing it with black at all costs. Keep all the colors in the outfit equally warm and you'll find pumpkin to be a favorite color this season. Here's an outfit I created on polyvore to help inspire you: 

Pumpkin Outfit



Have a fabulous outfit that incorporates pumpkin? Email me a picture and I'll post it on the blog! In the meantime, enjoy creating awesome pumpkin outfits to work and play!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I love all the pieces you've shown- I think I need to visit The Limited! I bought a pumpkin colored cowl neck t-shirt this summer, which I plan to wear right into fall. So far I've worn it with jeans, but I plan to pair it with a full brown skirt and maybe a metal belt, and/or with an olive pencil skirt. I love this color! I think I might like it paired with plum, too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails