Saturday, September 17, 2011

Beautiful Bridal Photography

It's funny how I've ended up working in the wedding industry surrounded by so many friends that I've known for years outside of that field. I met my friends Kate and Shawna back when I was just starting to get into theatre. I've stayed close with both of them, even after moving to PA and back. Kate is a phenomenal bridal photographer and Shawna is actually a Madeleine's Daughter bride- her wedding is this October. Recently, they collaborated for a fabulous bridal photo shoot featuring gowns by Watters. Kate happened to ask me to design a handful of headpieces to be used in styling the photo shoot. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to be at the shoot, but I sent along 3 or 4 pieces that I whipped up the day before. If this photo (from the shoot) is any indication of how they looked, I'm going to be very excited to see the rest of the photos:


I promise to show more photos once they're available. But in the meantime, check out Kate stepping out of her photographer role to act as a model for a photography class:




I'm amazed at how gorgeous these women look. And I'm proud to say that not only did Shawna wear my headpieces with beautiful Watters gowns, but Kate is actually wearing a gown designed and made by me in the two photos above. I think I might want to stick with this industry- it seems to suit me.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails