Sunday, July 17, 2011

More Tapas Blogging via Stumble Upon

I was using Stumble Upon the other day and realized there were quite a few discoveries that I wanted to share with you.

First was this article about a new collection of bridal gowns by Alfred Angelo, all inspired by Disney princesses. While I can admit that some of these gowns are actually really pretty, I can't admit I would never snicker if a bride wanted to purchase one because it was Disney-princess-inspired. Much like buying a replica of Kate Middleton's gown for the sole reason that you want to feel like a princess as opposed to because you truly love the gown, the idea of buying a gown to feel like a fairy-tale princess just seems a bit odd to me. What are your thoughts? 

Normally, I wouldn't find myself clicking the "like" button on a post like this one, but something about it just appealed to me. It is definitely very "girly," but in a nostalgic way or something. I can't put my finger on it, but I know I like it.

And then there was this discovery- a brief article and video describing a dress that actually purifies the air. It seems as though it's actually a laundering technique, but if all the clothes we wash could afterwards act as air purifiers, I think that would be pretty amazing.

Styling hair has never been my forte. I tend to fall into a hair rut over and over again, and it's broken up only by a new hair cut. Even then, I still fall back on my old standbys over and over. That's why I was so excited to stumble upon Hair Romance's 30 Day of Twist & Pin Hairstyles. So many of these looks are so effortlessly chic looking. I know I will be trying some of them when I find myself in a hair rut.

This comical illustration explains the process of bra shopping with amazing clarity and a few expletives. Regardless, it's funny because it's true.

When I was little, I loved playing with dolls- I had a doll house that I loved to furnish, but I especially loved to dress my dolls. I made clothes for them using scraps of fabric. I also loved playing with paper dolls. When I discovered this adorable website, I found myself feeling nostalgic. Twenty minutes later, I realized I'd been using the 21st century version of paper dolls and loving every second of it!

Finally, I really ought to save this link for a Shoesday Tuesday feature, but I can't wait that long. Check out the shoes featured on the High Heel Shoe Museum. Amazing!

The great and terrible thing about Stumble Upon is that you can lose yourself for hours stumbling around the internet. Good for a rainy day, I suppose. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails