Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Shoesday Tuesday- What NOT to Wear

Last week, my friend Melanie and I did a little shopping. My checking account was in pain afterwards, but it was SO worth it. I'll share my purchases at some point, but for now I need to share the most heinous shoes that we saw for sale that day. I'm not sure what these buyers were thinking when they got these shoes for their stores, but they really ought to think again:

This picture is hardly doing the shoe justice- it is SO Much worse in person. Also, I believe it was more of a fuchsia than red, but I could be wrong. The plastic spiral "heel" is just awful and the rhinestones adorning the front are an acrylic monstrosity: 


You thought I was joking, but I cannot joke about such horrific choices. There is so much plastic on this shoe, you may be able to recycle it with your soda bottles when you're done wearing it. But perhaps even scarier than the super trashy pumps above are these hideous "sandals" below: 


Is it me, or do these shoes only seem to be lacking a set of teeth in the front open-toe portion? I can't imagine a scenario in which these would be appropriate to wear, but even worse, I can't envision them being flattering on ANY body type, even a supermodel. 

These shoes all made me throw up a little. What shoes make you want to hurl? Tweet it and don't forget to use the hashtag #ShoesdayTuesday so I can see your tweets! 

Thanks for reading! 

1 comment:

Beth said...

Those leather sandals are roadkill! Just because you put a heel on something doesn't make it a shoe.

Related Posts with Thumbnails