Friday, June 17, 2011

Rate My Look- Worthy of a Misdemeanor?

Have you guys seen that new movie "Bridesmaids?" First of all, it is SO hilarious- I haven't laughed that hard at a movie in a looooooong time. Kristen Wiig is beyond funny in that movie- actually, just about everyone is beyond funny in that movie. I laughed so hard when I saw it, I decided to see it again. This week, I met up with my friend Stephanie to see it for the second time. As funny as the movie was, I found myself not only laughing hysterically again, but I also found myself crushing even harder than the first time on Chris O'Dowd, a.k.a. "Officer Rhodes." Seriously, after seeing that movie, I'm tempted to break my tail lights and drive around until a cute cop pulls me over. It worked for Kristen Wiig's character Annie and we're not all that different, you know.

We both have sassy short hair cuts.
We both like to wear cute dresses that show off our fabulous legs.
We both are maids in a wedding this summer.

See? We're practically twins. So why shouldn't I also have an adorable cop pull me over and then turn into my boyfriend? Right? I suppose I ought to start by wearing an outfit that will be the perfect "getting pulled over" outfit. Good thing, because I've already got that part figured out:

Dress: Gap
Shoes: Nine West
Belt: J. Crew
Necklaces: Vintage & Forever 21

Seriously, when I got dressed this morning, I thought to myself, "I really shouldn't be wasting this on work." No offense to my coworkers, but this is a fabulous look that says, "I am adorable and totally date-able." And since it is a great date outfit, I really think I ought to wear it out on a date. So to score a super cute cop, I suppose I'll just have to start off with this outfit and then do a few extra miles per hour over the speed limit, maybe run a few red lights, and of course break my tail lights. Honestly, this outfit even looks cute when I'm "walking the line," don't you think? 


Let's be honest- what cute, single cop in his right mind wouldn't be handing me a phone number instead of a ticket? Am I right? Of course I am- I'm not blind. I can see my legs in that photo. 

Please leave a comment with suggestions for minor violations I can commit that will put me in the path of an adorable cop but that won't cause me to face any major consequences such as tickets, fines and/or jail time. Prison uniform orange is not my color. 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG, Renee, I laughed the whole time I was reading this post! First of all, Bridesmaids was the bomb! Second, that dress looks absolutely "pull over worthy". And third, you will totally be having a cute cop drooling if he pulls you over wearing it! XOXO, www.NatalyasCloset.com

Renée T. Habashy said...

Yay! I'm glad I could make you chuckle! :)

Beth said...

Umm, you could get stopped for causing a disturbance. There are no two ways about it: you look smokin' in that dress! Almost THFW (too hot for work).

This ensem does prompt a question: Could you do a post about belts? I've never purchased one of those super-wide ones, but your wide belt is perfect with that dress. How do you decide between skinny or wide? (That rhymes.) How do you determine that an outfit needs a belt? Thanks!

Renée T. Habashy said...

Beth- I will get started on that post right away! Thanks so much for the compliments and the post suggestion! :)

Anonymous said...

Love the outfit - it would look great for so many occasions!! I also read your blog every day so keep up the good work.

Vicki

Renée T. Habashy said...

Vicki- Thanks for the comment and especially for reading my blog! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails