Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Rate My Look- Vintage Scarf

I recently purchased a couple of vintage designer scarves from Couture Allure and when they arrived a few days later, I could hardly wait to wear them. I got them at major bargain prices, which is always super exciting. But truth be told, I would have paid a lot more for them- they are truly beautiful pieces. One of the things I love about Couture Allure is that the pictures are always very detailed and the descriptions of the pieces even more so. When purchasing vintage, it's important to inspect the materials for any damage or decay. Jody, the proprietor of Couture Allure, is always careful to disclose the detailed condition of each and every item, so you can feel confident when purchasing through her site that the items will be in the condition described and pictured.

But enough about that- how about those scarves? The first was a silk scarf by Elsa Schiaparelli in a bold oversized basket-weave pattern. The colors are very rich and more appropriate for fall, in my opinion, but I'll likely try to work it into a summer look anyway. Check out Jody's photos of the scarf here. The second scarf is a positively ethereal Halston silk chiffon scarf that you can see here on Couture Allure's site or you can see it in these photos of me! I wore this outfit to work and felt so chic and sophisticated:


Belt: H&M
Shoes: Payless
Jolie Cocktail Ring (on the hand in my pocket!): Stella and Dot

I was comfortable all day long, but still felt so polished and put together. It's not that difficult to achieve, either!

1.) Start with a well-fit dress in a flattering color
2.) Add some contrasting, but complimentary accessories

See? A simple two-step program to stylish work outfits! But seriously, if you are looking to create interesting outfits, you don't necessarily have to shop for a new wardrobe. Accessories alone can completely transform an outfit from one distinct look to another and often it's the accessories that make our outfits unique. Anyone can walk into Neiman Marcus and buy a great dress. It's how you accessorize that dress that makes you stylish. 

3 comments:

Linda Marie Daniels said...

Great look! I love how you've used that gorgeous scarf to pull your whole look together. Simple, but very elegant.

Unknown said...

You look amazing. The dress fits perfectly and the accessories are just right.

Couture Allure Vintage Fashion said...

Thank you, Renee. You look beautiful in your vintage scarf! You'll be on my blog today!

Related Posts with Thumbnails