Monday, June 6, 2011

Rate My Look- Tangerine

I tend to gravitate towards the same types of clothes over and over again. For the last couple of years, I mostly dress like a housewife from the 50's or 60's. Full skirts one day, pencil skirts the next and nearly always a scoop neckline. It just works. It's not that I don't like other styles, it's just that it's rare for me to find something completely different that actually works on me. So you can imagine my excitement when I found an amazing dress at a decent (or at least fair) price that not only fit beautifully, but it also allowed me to step away from my standard clothing choices. And it was tangerine to boot:

Dress: Lizology
Shoes: Marshalls
Jewelry: Stella and Dot

The skirt is neither full nor pencil- it's actually a slim a-line. The neckline is not a scoop, square or v- it's actually... um...well, to be honest, I don't even know if there is a word to describe this neckline. Regardless, isn't the whole thing just fabulous? The neckline, the skirt, the color, the print, the belt- it's all great! On this particular day, I wore it with my nude pumps, but a week or so later, I wore it to church and decided to go a little crazy with the oh-so-trendy citrus theme. I paired it with lime green peep-toe pumps and a bright pink pedicure: 


You dig? I knew you would. But what about the whole ensemble? 

I'm also wearing the Garden Party Chandelier Earrings and the Camilla Ring, both from Stella and Dot

So what do you think of my stepping out of my comfort zone? It felt a little like time-travel- I got to go from dressing like it's the 60's, to a modern, sophisticated look. It felt really great to try something new- why not try stepping out of your own comfort zone this week? Whether that means trying out a new trend, or a different silhouette, or even just experimenting a little with accessories- you might be surprised by what looks good on you! 

5 comments:

Style Journey said...

You look wonderful in that dress! Very flattering, and I love the color/pattern. I thought the nude shoes looked good until I scrolled down further and saw your lime pumps. It's fun to step out of your comfort zone every now and then, lol.

Unknown said...

I think this is a great look on you, so pretty and perfect for summer! XOXO, www.NatalyasCloset.com

Shannon said...

I love this look!

Beth said...

I love that dress! We should go shopping together soon. I need some pretty dress mojo.

Taylor said...

What a completely fabulous dress. The silhouette is amazing on you. And I LOVE that you paired it with the green pumps!

Related Posts with Thumbnails