Saturday, June 11, 2011

Rate My Look- Saturday Black

Even though there are many Saturdays when I just don the first black dress I come across in my early morning closet perusal, there are still plenty when I try to make my all-black look a really stellar one. A few weeks ago, we had a trunk show and for some reason, with wedding gown designers around, I just felt the need to try a little harder. So, I pulled out my enormous flower and pinned it onto the black dress that I recently made for myself:


What an easy way to take a simple dress and turn it into a spectacular (and BOLD) statement! And the best part is that the flower was less than $10 at Forever 21, proof that you don't need lots of money to look fabulous. 

What do you think of my Saturday all-black outfit? Exciting? Over-the-top? Boring? Whatever you think, I'd like to know!

8 comments:

SewOm said...

Love it! The black dress fits you well and is very flattering. The flower does make a huge statement; and the fact that its a pin on means the dress is still very versatile and useful for several types of occasions.

Maria said...

OOh, I love this look!

Shannon said...

I love it- that flower is awesome!

Hope Adela Pasztor said...

Oooooh! I LOVE the oversized flower. So glamorous and bold, yet so classic and feminine. It reminds me of the white evening gown that the baroness in "The Sound of Music" wears. =)

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

Renée T. Habashy said...

Thanks, ladies!

And yes, Hope- the Baroness has some pretty awesome clothes in that movie. :)

Couture Allure Vintage Fashion said...

Love, love, LOVE it!!!!

Anonymous said...

So daring! You pull it off beautifully!

Quay Summer said...

The look is really good. The dress fits well and the flower really make the outfit pop. You look great.

Related Posts with Thumbnails