Friday, June 17, 2011

One Dress Three Ways

You've all been there, I know it- you have at least 3 or 4 weddings to attend over the next two months and between the showers, bachelorette parties and the actual weddings themselves, you're financially tapped. You want to wear something different to each wedding, but realistically, you can't afford to do so. The solution? Find one amazing dress and style it in a completely different way for each event. Of course, this will work best if each wedding is with a different circle of friends. One of my super stylish co-workers, McKenzie is in this exact situation and she found a completely fabulous dress to work with:


This dress is fabulous for so many reasons- the vibrant color, the sexy halter neckline, the on-trend ruffles, the waist-cinching belt- need I go on? I didn't think so. It's also an excellent base to start with to create three very distinct looks. And that's exactly what I've done for you. Each look takes its cue from the shoes- I like to start there and work my way up to finish the rest of the outfit. McKenzie is very tall and able to pull off that hemline even in flats (Good thing she's so fabulous or I might have to hate her for that). Unfortunately, the rest of us aren't all quite as blessed, so I've opted for heels in all three outfit options. 

Oasis Dress



From left to right we have the neutral look, the boho quirky look and the glamorous metallic look. 

The neutral look is basically understated elegance. The shoes are nude, but also modern and summery and they allow the dress to be the star of the outfit. The earrings are as basic as can be while still dressing up the outfit and the clutch is the one "wild card" item. You could certainly go with a more neutral bag if snakeskin isn't for you. Overall, the effect of these accessories is that the complement the dress without distracting from it in any way.

The boho quirky look does just the opposite- it uses the dress as a jumping-off point for adding fun, boho-esque accessories to create an outfit full of punch and personality. From the floral wedge shoes to the colorful jewelry, this look is not for the wall flower. And while some might say it's not dressy enough for a wedding, I disagree. There are weddings of every level of formality and I've definitely been a guest at more than one wedding in which a more casual outfit is the most appropriate one. 

Finally, I had to go for an ultra-glam option and what better way to glam up an outfit than with stunning metallics. I love mixing metallics together- silver, pewter, gold, bronze- they all work so well together and by mixing it up, the look is totally updated and modern. 

So there you have it- three completely different styling options for one fabulous dress. I hope this will give you some ideas for the events you'll be attending this summer. And maybe McKenzie will be gracious enough to let me post photos of the styling choices that she makes with this fabulous dress! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous dress, and I love how you paired it three different ways! Simply stunning :) XOXO, www.NatalyasCloset.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails