Sunday, June 19, 2011

My Celebrity Style Inspiration: Adele

Not too long ago, one of my coworkers remarked that the singer Adele and I have a similar style. I was super flattered- Adele pretty much always looks amazing and I have to agree with my coworker- Adele and I do have a similar aesthetic:

Photo from My Fashion Cents

Look familiar? Her dress is strikingly similar to the one I made for myself: 

Of course, instead of 2 Grammys, I have a giant flower. It'll do. I love Adele's quirky vintage-esque style and I love that she's not your standard size 0 that is so typical in Hollywood and the music industry. I love her hair and make-up choices as well. I didn't intend to emulate her when I started dressing this way, it just seems that we have a similar approach to dressing our bodies. It's no surprise since we're built very similarly as well. We're both curvy women who like a classic silhouette. 

Are there celebrities out there that you try to emulate? Or are there celebrities that people compare to your style? Tell me about it- I know I'm not the only one! 

3 comments:

Quay Summer said...

Hi - I just found your blog and I have to say you are really well put together and look great. You know what base style works for you but also manage to work in new and different elements. Love the big flower, I thought of Carrie from Sex in the City as soon as I saw it. I will be following this blog for sure to see how you continue to develope. Again, you really look smashing!!!

Lorena said...

You can sew woman !
Wow, I ADORE that black flower and you are looking fab.

Renée T. Habashy said...

Thanks, ladies! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails