Thursday, June 9, 2011

Beauty Product Review Clinique Fresh Bloom All Over Color

Anyone who knows me, knows that I love to buy some of my make-up products at CVS when there is a sale and when I have some ExtraBucks. I'm a major bargain hunter that way. Usually, I'll stock up on my favorite products like L'Oreal True Match liquid make-up and Maybelline Colossal Volume Express mascara. I also wear Physician's Formula mineral powder and blush. As make-up products go, these are all pretty low in terms of price point, and when they go on sale and I can combine the sale price with my ExtraBucks, I can get them at less than half price. Which is why sometimes I buy a LOT of make-up and stock up with nearly a year's supply. These are all products that I wear literally every day and I'm happy with my make-up routine. However, there are days, especially in summer when I want to change things up a little bit. That's when I bring out a special, slightly more expensive make-up product: Clinique's Fresh Bloom All Over Color in Peony:

Peony, Sephora, $29.50

First of all, look at how gorgeous it is! I love the way the flower is made using the different shades of blush- so creative and artistic! I'm no stranger to blush with multiple colors- I've found they provide more dimension to the look, whereas the single colors tend to look a little more flat on my skin. I used to combine two or more colors myself, until I smartened up and started purchasing multiple-shade blushes. It's also largely due to the fact that I like to spend 10 minutes or less on my make-up, so taking more than one step to apply blush is just not time effective! The Clinique Fresh Bloom color not only has three rich colors in the palate, but one of them is an incredibly ethereal hi-lighter. Every time I wear it, I find my skin takes on a dew-y glow with just the right amount of shimmer. While I tend to wear it when I'm in the mood for a little make-up pick-me-up, it's actually ideal for special occasions or any time you want to give your skin a little extra special glow. 

What are your favorite make-up products? Leave a comment and let me know! I love hearing what other people wear and why they like it. With all the different products and all the different skin types and preferences, sometimes choosing make-up can be a daunting task. Listen to what your girlfriends like to wear and why they wear it. If someone loves a specific eye shadow because of the rich, saturated color, but you tend to prefer more sheer shades, then you probably won't like their favorite products! 

2 comments:

Beth said...

Okay, we definitely have to go make-up shopping before the big day. Rather, we have to go asap. I think I've been using the same blush (literally, the same container) for a couple of years. I want some dewy shimmer!

Shannon said...

Hmmm. Now I want to try a multicolored blush. I don't have a particular product that I can't live without, but I do prefer lip glosses over lipstick. The sheer colors are so much more natural looking and the glossy formula helps keep my lips moist.

Related Posts with Thumbnails