Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Another Renee Terese Original Finds a Home...

My fabulous friend Kate Parker is an extraordinary wedding planner. Seriously, the girl knows what she's doing. So you can imagine how flattered I was when she asked me to make her a dress to wear to the weddings she coordinates. She had seen some of my dresses- online and in person- and requested a custom dress for herself in navy. It took me a while to get it done, but in the end, the fit was spectacular and the dress looked amazing. She's wearing it to her first wedding of the season this Saturday, and I made her promise to get me some amazing photos of her in the dress. Until then, here's a little sneak-peek of the neckline detail before I'd finished it:

As soon as I have photos from Kate, you better believe I'll be posting them here for all of you to see! I have several friends and acquaintances who have requested I make them a dress. I procrastinate because even though I love my dresses, I still have a bit of insecurity when it comes to my sewing and construction skills. It's one thing to sew for yourself and another thing entirely to sew for other people. When a dress goes into my Etsy shop, it's not necessarily made for any particular person, so fit isn't usually a concern aside from getting it to a standard size. I assume the person who purchases it has selected it in part because it is her size. When I'm making something custom, there's a whole other level of concern for me with regards to fit. When I stopped by Kate's studio to check the fit of her dress, I expected to have to make some minor adjustments, but it fit like a dream and she was able to take it immediately!

Now, it's on to the next Renee Terese original! Do you want one? I've got a list of about half a dozen people to get through and then I'll be open to more clients, so email me if you have an interest!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails