Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Wonderful Wednesday

Today was the most fabulous day I've had in a while. A few weeks ago, I bought two tickets to the Stonewall Kitchen Cooking School for my mom as a Mother's Day gift. She was thrilled and being the awesome mom that she is, she decided to bring me with her to the class. The menu was amazing- lobster cocktail salad, asparagus soup with a parmesan crouton, smoked salmon crepe with horseradish cream sauce and a lemon brodo over fresh arugula, and for dessert raspberry rhubarb crumble with fresh whipped cream. How amazing does that sound? I can say in all honesty that it was an incredibly delicious meal. And we got to take the recipes home with us, so we can recreate any of the dishes. As classes go, I don't feel we learned much in the way of cooking terms or techniques. We're both fairly skilled cooks, so we already knew most of what the instructor shared. Regardless, it was still a fun and delicious experience.

After the lunch-time class, we spent a while walking around downtown Portsmouth where I spent WAY too much money on some super fabulous things. I bought two items- a hat and a dress. The hat you may remember from exactly two weeks ago:


When I saw today that the hat was still there, I tried it on again and just couldn't resist it for a second time! Maybe the sunny day (our first in WEEKS) influenced my need for a straw hat, or maybe the saleslady was particularly persuasive today. Regardless of why I bought it, the point is, it's mine! I've been wearing it ever since I bought it and I truly love it and I know I will get a lot of use out of it. I love that it's an neutral color and although it has very special details that make it more exciting than your average hat, it's still going to be versatile and easy to dress up or down. I can't wait to wear it to work, but that might not happen for a day or two. I'll be sure to show you what kind of outfit I create around it. 

As for the dress, you'll have to wait for a picture of that, but hopefully not too long. I will likely wear it to work right away as it's going to be ideal for the shop- comfortable, but stylish. 

What about you? What did you do with this fabulous Wednesday? If you're in New England, I hope you got out into the sunshine- we certainly needed a day like this! Regardless of what you've done so far, I hope you enjoy the rest of your day! 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails