Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Rate My Look- Where is Spring?!?!?

At this point, we're more than half-way through the month of May and it has yet to feel like spring around here for more than 48 hours. It definitely makes getting dressed in the morning a little more difficult. I've been getting some use out of my spring jackets, particularly my trusty short denim jacket.

Dress: BCBGMaxAzria via Marshalls
Jacket: Ann Taylor 
Shoes: Payless
Ring and Necklace: Stella and Dot

I've struggled with finding sandals for this summer. I'm not a fan of gladiator sandals- they just don't work that well with my wardrobe. Unfortunately, that's really all there is out there right now! I spent an afternoon shopping for shoes last week and I managed to purchase four new pair of shoes for the summer including the sandals pictured above. Since it was BOGO, I also got a pair of cute, white ballet flats. Here's a better view of the sandals and a picture of the ballet flats for you: 


Feebe Bow Flat, Payless, $22.99

The other two pair of shoes I bought were from Marshalls- a pair of flip flops and a pair of basic black sandals in a smiliar style as the ones from Payless above. Outfits will come with those shoes soon. As for the dress, this is one that is at least a year old, but it is SO comfortable- I really love wearing it. The jewelry is of course Stella and Dot. On this particular day, I wore the Sofia Pearl Bib Necklace and the Camilla Ring.



I can't tell you how much I love these two jewelry pieces. They were two items that I knew I would like, but that I didn't necessarily expect to become every-day pieces. But that's exactly what they are! I wear the Camilla Ring ALL THE TIME! It's very comfortable and it really seems to go with just about everything. The Sofia Pearl Bib Necklace is such a classy, elegant statement and it really elevates every outfit to a completely different level. I've even worn it with a simple t-shirt and jeans and a great pair of heels. I love it! 


2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Love your dress! Love the whole look you have on today. I need to get to Marshall's to get some cute summer dresses. Have a great day!

Shannon said...

I love this look on you! And it reminds me that I need to invest in a cute spring/summer jacket because my office is so cold. The dress is pretty and the jewelry looks fabulous! I'm about to get dressed for work and I'm glad I saw this post first- now I'll put some effort into it instead of defaulting to jeans and a t-shirt!

Related Posts with Thumbnails