Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Shoesday Tuesday: Spring in Your Step

It's times like these that I wish I was 5'10" with long, slender legs for days, because that's the only body type who I think could really do these amazing shoes justice:

Spring in Your Step, Modcloth, $153.99



Appropriately named "Spring in Your Step," these shoes are phenomenal! I just love the idea of wearing them out to a party or for a nice dinner out, or to just about anything, really! Call me crazy, but I think they're amazing and I'd die to wear them! They certainly have the potential to be a major fashion disaster, which is why I would suggest wearing them with a simple LBD with a nice short hemline. Nothing obscene of course, just short enough that even though you've got an enormous flower "growing" up the side of your leg, you can still have a decent amount of skin showing. 

I also like that the interesting details of these shoes doesn't stop at the flower- the heel and the sole of the shoe are full of fun, unique details as well. And yet, somehow, the shoe doesn't seem over-done. In fact, the heel and the sole details only help add to the overall effect, making the look of the shoe much more purposeful. How many times have you seen a basic shoe with an embellishment somewhere on it that somehow seems incongruous, or disconnected from the overall design? This shoe does not feel that way at all. It feels like a well-thought-out and well-executed statement. 

Tweet your thoughts on these shoes with the hashtag #ShoesdayTuesday so I can hear what YOU think about these statement heels! 

2 comments:

amy said...

Ugh.. I want to purchase those! My impulse is making my knees quiver.
They are just so beautiful!
shame on you for our introduction hehe :P

love your blog*

love amy ^.^
www.amyflyingakite.com

Renée T. Habashy said...

Amy- I can SO picture them in your wardrobe! Go for it, girl! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails