Sunday, March 13, 2011

Rate My Look- Howdy, New Glasses

Today I worked from noon to 5:00 and the sun was still shining when I left work. Isn't daylight savings so great? Just when you're ready to lose your mind from the short, dreary, winter days, the middle of March rolls around and all of a sudden, the days are longer again. It's awesome.

As for my outfit, I was able to snap a photo on my drive home, when the light was absolutely perfect. My pictures over the winter have been dull, with poor light- it was too cold to take pictures outside and the inside liht was rarely very good, at least at home. Needless to say, I'm happy for the better light for my photos and for my mood!

Skirt: Old Navy
Belt: Super old, I don't even remember where I got it
Ring: Target
Cowboy boots: Consignment Shop
Glasses: FYSH UK

The skirt is re-mixed from this outfit, and the shirt is pretty basic, so I have never really talked about it. It's good to have basics in your wardrobe, but I'm often guilty of having too many quirky things with too few basics to pair them with. Speaking of quirky things, would you like a close-up view of my new glasses? No one seemed to want to venture a guess on my post yesterday, but I think if you know me well, the answer was obvious: 


Yup, I got the super funky flower-y ones! Are they fabulous or what? I've actually ENJOYED wearing them these last few days! The color looks great against my eye color. Normally, I don't like wearing glasses because they tend to cover up what I consider to be one of my best features. These glasses seem to do just the opposite. I'm sure I'll be back to contact lenses before long, especially with spring and summer fast approaching- sunglasses will be more appropriate soon. 

So what do you think of my outfit? Is it a little too cowgirl for you (especially with the "Howdy" necklace)? Or do you just think it's fun? I like it- and it was remarkably comfortable to wear at work. Those boots are magical- they are the only pair of heels I can not only survive in for several hours at work, but my feet don't even need "recovery time." They are magically comfortable, despite the three-inch heels. I can't explain it, but I'm not going to complain. Magical cowboy boots are fine with me. Fabulous glasses and cute necklaces? Also fine. 

1 comment:

Maria said...

Love the outfit, and the glasses are FAB! I agree- they definitely highlight your pretty eyes.

Related Posts with Thumbnails