Monday, March 28, 2011

Rate My Look- Emma Pillsbury Style

Ever since I purchased my new glasses, I've been faced with the challenge of incorporating them into my outfits. While I love how fun and funky they are, that same funky-ness is what makes them a challenging wardrobe element. There is not doubt about the fact that they are a statement and a bold one at that. I've found myself struggling not so much with the major elements of my outfits as I do with the accessories. Honestly, I've hardly worn earrings since I got these glasses. Accessories are the part of creating an outfit that I find most interesting and enjoyable. Earrings are often my "go-to" accessory along with large cocktail rings. Sometimes I mix it up with a bold necklace. This week, I decided to channel Emma Pillsbury and use a chic plaid scarf tied in a prim bow to accessorize my look:

Boots: Marshalls
Sweater: Old Navy
Scarf: Vintage

On this particular day, I was pretty disappointed with the temperature- it was about 37 degrees Fahrenheit that day- just a smidge too chilly for my taste at this point in the year. I'm starting to go beyond feeling sick of wearing tights. My feelings toward them currently border on hatred, but I keep reminding myself that it's not their fault I live in New England and winter sticks around until April. I have to remind myself that they've served me well for many months now and if they had feelings, they'd be just as sick of me as I am of them. I decided to finish the outfit with one of the six cardigans I bought at Old Navy not too long ago. I'm a little sick of cardigans, too, but since this one is new, I don't mind it. But tights and cardigans aren't the point today. Nope- it's all about accessorizing those glasses. In a subtle mix of prints, I've combined the florals from my glasses with the plaid on my scarf-they really complement each other nicely, don't you think? It helps that they both have a teal/blue color scheme and the prints are on the same scale. As much as I enjoy wearing my glasses, I'm looking forward to getting back into my contact lenses in a couple of weeks. I think I'll have worked my accessorizing muscle enough by then and I'll be ready to get back into earrings.

Do any of you glasses-wearing readers have similar issues with your glasses? Even if they aren't quite as bold a statement as my floral frames, do you sometimes feel as though your glasses add a challenge to creating your daily look? Leave a comment and let me know!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails