Saturday, March 5, 2011

Rate My Look- Another Saturday Black Outfit

My BFF Beth came out one Saturday night and met up with me and some of my fabulous (and stylish) co-workers. Since it was Saturday, we were all wearing black, and yet, as I've explained many times before our own unique styles somehow come through, even with the color limitation we're given. On this particular day, Beth noticed the various black outfits, one amazing skirt in particular, and commented later on, "You can tell that you all take that whole black rule as a challenge." I think it's awesome she feels that way, because I do, too. This outfit was neither my most inventive nor my least exciting all-black ensemble:

Turtleneck sweater- TJ Maxx
Skirt- Macy's
Shoes- DSW
Ring- Target

You can barely see it in the picture, but I'm wearing that giant flower ring that I got at Target last summer. It debuted in this post. I've tried really hard when creating my all-black outfits to actually have the entire outfit be black. With the exception of a necklace in a metallic- or the occasional strands of pearls- I even try to make sure my accessories are falling into the black category. Fortunately, I have plenty to choose from. And that giant flower ring is one of my favorites to pull out- it truly helps make me feel like I'm not wearing a boring black outfit. But then again, I don't know that I classify this black outfit as "boring." Sleek and sophisticated? Yes. Boring? I don't think so. What do you think? 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails