Saturday, March 5, 2011

I'm Awesome

Please don't be offended by my title- I have said it before- I suffer from high self esteem. Some people find it a tad obnoxious, but that doesn't bother me. Anyway, I'm sure you're wondering WHY I'm so awesome. Well, I'll tell you, dear reader. This evening- Saturday night, I came home from work to find a stack of mail that included the current issue of Lucky magazine. Zooey Deschanel is on the cover and her picture is making me want perfect side-swept bangs, but I know it will never happen for me, so then it makes me sad. Then I look at the polka dot dress she's wearing on the cover and I'm happy again. Also, she's the most adorable thing in the world and I love that we never hear anything about crazy hijinks with her. She seems so normal. No rehab or jail time or showing her cooter to the paparazzi or anything else unseemly. She's just purely adorable and I love her.

But that, my friends is not why I am awesome. I am awesome not because of the cover of Lucky magazine, but because of page 103. Go ahead and run out to get yourself a copy and then flip to page 103 and you'll see what I mean. No, seriously, I'll wait.
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...

Are you back? Did you do it? Did you buy a copy of the April edition? Did you see Zoey on the cover? Did you flip to page 103? Ok, maybe you didn't have time to do all that, so you scrolled down here instead. I understand. And that's why I took a picture of page 103 in anticipation of you NOT running out and buying a copy of Lucky before scrolling down. (That's another reason why I'm awesome, but we'll talk about that another time). Ready for it? Here it is:


I bet you thought I was their featured blogger of the month or something, which admittedly, would be exciting. But I personally think this particular situation is even more exciting. If you are a regular reader, you will have figured out that Lucky magazine is just about a month behind ME with covering a cool trend. Yup. Remember how I hosted an entire week dedicated to the wiggle dress? If not you can visit all the posts from that week here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here and here. (What can I say? It was an ambitious week here at S...tNB.) Anyway, my point is simply this: either I'm more on the trends than LM, or someone on their staff is totally reading my blog and stealing my ideas. Did I mention that I'm awesome? 

2 comments:

Maria said...

You are an oracle! That is why I rely on you to cut through the BS and tell me what I need to know, stylewise. :)

Also, I REALLY like your writing here. The excitement and confidence just shines!

Renée T. Habashy said...

Haha- thanks, Maria! I love that you called me an "oracle!" LOL! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Related Posts with Thumbnails