Saturday, September 4, 2010

My Labor Day Weekend

I'm working for part of this holiday weekend because Alice Cooper is playing at AMT today. I'm not familiar with much of Alice Cooper's music, but I know he's mostly hard rock/heavy metal- quite a departure from AMT's typical programming. It's not really my scene, but it's still been a pretty fun day at work so far. In between setting up dressing rooms and the green room, I've started working on a new dress to sell in my Etsy shop. It's a slightly more complicated dress than I'm used to constructing, so I hope it comes out right. If not, I guess you'll figure it out because it won't show up in my Etsy shop.

*A quick note about my Etsy shop items: If I ever make something for the shop, but it's not in your size, or you'd like it in a different color or print, please email me and request a custom item. It may cost a bit more, or vary slightly depending on the size you require and whether or not the fabric I used is still available. But if you like something, don't hesitate to ask!

I've been sewing a lot this week, but I'm going to wait a few more days to show you what I've been working on. It's nice to have a bit of downtime between working on shows to spend on my own projects. All too often when I'm eye-ball-deep in designing a show, I don't always have the energy to work on my own pieces when I get home. It's also nice to "re-charge" and take some time to get inspired by something. It's easy to have tunnel-vision and be very focused on the show, but now I'm able to look around and see things with fresher eyes. Like the leaves that are ALREADY changing! Can you believe that? Or the way the temperature has suddenly dropped? Fall is just around the corner! Hopefully during this downtime I'll find some inspiration and have time to work on some more pieces for the shop.

The rest of my weekend is also going to be fairly busy. I am planning on having a yard sale this weekend in preparation for my big move. I'm excited to purge all my storage and closets. It's so liberating to get rid of clutter. I tend to be a bit of a pack-rat, but lately I've gotten much better at letting things go. I have even started to follow my own rule of throwing something away if I haven't used it in a year. Sometimes that's really hard to do, but if I am going to be honest about it, I know it's a much better choice to sell something or give it away and hope that the new owner will put it to more use than I have.

What are you all doing this Labor Day weekend? I hope your plans are a little more fun than mine! Leave a comment if you like!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails