Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I'm a little behind, ok?

So I'm not exactly the most technologically savvy person out there (in case you hadn't figured that out already). When I learned to make collages on MS Paint, I was pretty proud of myself. Then I learned about polyvore. Umm... basically ANYONE in the world can make these collages, then smack 'em onto his or her blog in an instant. And they're a heck of a lot better than the ones I make on MS Paint! So, I made one to share with all of you. Why? Just because I can, that's why.

I was scrolling through the hundreds of dresses on polyvore and saw this gorgeous yellow dress from Arden B:

I thought to myself, "This would be a perfect dress to wear if I had a wedding to go to this spring or summer." As of right now, I don't have any weddings to attend, but one of YOU might, so here are some fun accessory options to complete the perfect wedding guest look. I've selected four pair of shoes and paired each of them with a clutch for four completely different looks that all center around this amazing yellow dress. Did I mention that I LOVE this yellow dress? I love yellow these days. I'm working on designing costumes for a show called "California Soul" and I'm obsessed with using yellow in the opening of the show. Maybe that's why I'm so drawn to this particular dress. Or maybe yellow is just a fabulous springtime color. Anyway, here are my four accessory options to go with this yellow dress:


Option # 1: I think of this as the Carrie Bradshaw version. She would never do anything matchy-matchy, so she pairs the yellow dress with blue/green crazy awesome, show-stopping platform heels (SO Carrie) and a bright fuchsia clutch.

Option #2: This pairing is for the girl who wants to make sure that even in a yellow frilly frock she still looks rockin'. Cage heels in grey and a multi-animal print clutch add quite a bit of edge even to this super girly dress.

Option #3: This version is a more casual Carrie Bradshaw version- the bright flats are suited to an early afternoon wedding and when you top the look off with that stripe-y, mod clutch in blue & red, you've got that quirky cousin look written all over you (in a good way).

Option #4: Finally, sometimes it's best to just let the cool dress speak for itself. In that case I recommend a nice pair of nude shoes and an equally neutral (but not matching) bag.

Click the hyperlinks to be taken to each item on polyvore. Warning: This is not a bargain collage. The items shown are priced ranging from $39 to $1,675.

Obviously, each look could be taken a step or two further with jewelry, hair style and make-up design, but be careful not to go so far as to make it look costume-y. There's a fine line between fashionista and fashion victim sometimes. Feel free to visit polyvore yourself and put some collages together. They call them "Sets" over there and you can publish them to facebook and twitter, too, if you're into that.

Have a great night, everyone!

2 comments:

Beth said...

I love the nude shoes. Who are they by?

Renée T. Habashy said...

They are of course Louboutins. If you click on the collage, I believe you will be taken to polyvore. Also, you can click on the hyperlinks in the descriptions to be taken to that specific item on polyvore. The animal print clutch is Jimmy Choo and I'm a little bit in love. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails