Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Spring Fever- AGAIN!

As you know, I've been LOVING this amazing weather. I'm all about bold florals, and a while back I made myself a super fun floral sundress. I've been waiting for the weather to improve tow wear it. I spent most of the winter looking for a pair of red tights to wear with it so I could wear it before spring. In my recent trip to New York, I found the red tights, but now the weather has improved. Ah, the irony. Anyway, here's the original dress I made:

The length of the skirt was a bit too long, so I hemmed it to just above the knee. I think that makes all the difference. I made the dress because I was inspired by the outfits worn by the character Chuck on "Pushing Daisies." I loved that show and I was SO sad when it ended. The design was really amazing.


I was also inspired by the outfits worn by Emma on "Glee." Her outfits are always SO colorful and vintage-y.


I also recently saw the new "Alice in Wonderland" and fell in love with basically everything about the entire movie. The design was spectacular and Alice had a lot of fun costumes.


Anyway, the main inspiration was Chuck, but the dress wasn't quite enough. As I mentioned, I had the red tights, but to really have a Chuck-inspired outfit, I needed a cute fitted jacket and a fun accessory.

I can't wait to wear it with bare legs. As much as I like the red tights, I think the whole look will be a little more toned-dow with bare legs instead. The jacket and flower pin really pull the look together for me. I wore this to work today- Michael Bolton was playing the theatre and when I walked in the door all his roadies saw me and said, "Whoa!" I got a lot of comments from them like, "You got spring fever?" and "You are spring personified!" and "You're just a ray of sunshine today!" I do believe the dress is much better in person, but there is no denying it is B-R-I-G-H-T! However, bold is something I think I do pretty well.

I also tried to have a little fun with the settings on my camera, but mostly it just caught me off-guard each time.




I know I need to impove on the photo situation and I promise I'm working on it. Hopefully you'll see some changes soon! Happy Tuesday, everyone!

3 comments:

Totally Inspired said...

Renee.. you MADE this dress.. can I get one too??! How much?? I wear a size 22.. aaauugh! this dress just screams spring.. and it is so perfect with the jacket and tights. Its really really cute!

Beth said...

ADORABLE!

WickedThrifty said...

smashingly adorable. it really came together perfectly with that flower and the tights, i think, although i can see it as a summer dress with bare legs, too. you pull it off wonderfully, and you should DEFINITELY open up an etsy shop (if you haven't) if you can sew this well o_O

Related Posts with Thumbnails