Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Shoesday Tuesday

A while ago, I posted about these darling shoes from Steve Madden:
They are currently on sale at Zappos for $69.99 and also come in these colors:


They are calling the second one grey, but it looks more like beige to me. I wonder how true the color is online? Anyway, I adore these, especially the "grey" ones. What a perfect shoe to pair with a lovely spring dress- it would balance the femininity of a floral sundress beautifully. They would also be great with a pair of skinny pants. Remember when they were called "cigarette" pants? I remember when I was young, my brothers and I used to watch re-runs of The Dick Van Dyke show. Mary Tyler Moore played his wife and I once heard that she negotiated into her contract that she would be allowed to wear her favorite style of pants on the show. I've later heard that she championed that style of dress because she felt it was more in line with realistic housewives of the time. She felt that full skirts with pearls and heels was a thing of the past.

Anyway, the point is, I adore these shoes. When I was in New York a couple of weeks ago, I actually saw a pair of black flat oxfords with stud embellishments on the toe. They were SO darling and if they hadn't been priced at $130, I would have snatched them up in a heartbeat! I have yet to find anything quite like them. Even though they were studded, they didn't look too edgy. If I ever find another pair like them in a more reasonable price range, you can bet I'll be buying them and blogging all about it!

Have a great Tuesday, everyone!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails