Friday, March 19, 2010

Dapper Dudes

It's not often I encounter people making bold style choices in my day-to-day life. I live in the heart of a very conservative, provincial area where mullets still abound and relaxed fit denim is the most common choice. So, when I saw these gentlemen, I had to get a picture:
These gentlemen and I were on our way to the Fulton Opera House for the opening night of Noises Off last week. I was in my red dress (this time paired with large turquoise chandelier earrings and my black Kenneth Cole peep toe pumps) and they were also decked out as you can clearly see. I really appreciate people who "dress" for the theatre, or the opera, or a symphony. I believe it's more respectful to the people on stage and it says to the performers, "I am taking the time to make myself presentable for you as a show of gratitude for the hard work you have gone through in preparation for the show/concert I am about to enjoy." At least that's how I see it. I always "dress" for opening night at AMT, even though it's quite possibly the most laid-back, casual type of opening I've ever encountered. Plus, isn't dressing up fun?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails