Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Lady in Red... continued... again....

I just wanted to share with all of you that I finished my red dress today and I am DYING to wear it! I want to save it for the AMT company Christmas party, though. I think it's got a bit of a "wow" factor, especially for this town. In case you were wondering I did end up making the following adjustments:

1.) Lowered/opened the neckline (va-va-voom!)
2.) Added a notched cuff to the sleeve, but kept the sleeve length the same as the photo
3.) Added a sort- of- sculptural- pleated- detail to the left side of the bustline and along the waistline to the back

I'll be sure to take lots of pictures once I figure out how I want to accessorize it. Any ideas? I'm pretty much open to anything right now. Maybe I'll do a side-by-side comparison for you all at some point. Right now I'm just excited for it to be finished. The pleating detail is what took a while to finish, but overall the entire dress only took about 3-4 hours to make from start to finish. Sometimes I really love that I know how to sew. It sure does come in handy!

Have a great night, everyone!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails