Sunday, December 20, 2009

Gentlemen, could you please bring back the bow tie?

I have a friend who wears bow ties and he looks great doing it. I'm not talking about the clip-on type you rent from a tuxedo shop. I'm talking about the old-school-tie-it-yourself kind. The kind that looks so cool hanging draped around a man's neck after he unties it & unbuttons that top button. It's totally sexy, right?

Remember when George Clooney walks out of the prison in Ocean's 11 and Brad Pitt says to him, "I hope you were the groom." Clooney's response? "Ted Nugent called, he wants his shirt back." Because even though Rusty is actually dressed to impress, his suit can't hold a candle to Clooney's tuxedo with a loosened bow tie.




I admit, I'm impressed not only by a man who knows how to properly tie a bow tie, but who chooses to do so and then wear it out in public. That takes confidence, my friends. And that's why I'm encouraging all you men out there to start bringing back the bow tie. Start with your basic black and go from there. The sky's the limit! Just wear whatever suits your personality and I promise you it will look great! Send a picture in your bowtie and I'll post it on the blog.

And if anyone can rock this bow tie in particular, PLEASE let me know- I think it's SO cool!




And everyone else, don't forget to visit the Giveaway for this week. Click here to be taken to that post. Leave a comment on the Giveaway post and you'll be entered to win one of the zipper brooches handmade by me! You may leave up to three comments.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails