Friday, November 27, 2009

Rate My Look- Thanksgiving & Black Friday

Yesterday when I said I wouldn't do a Rate My Look post because it would involve stretchy pants, I was totally lying. As much as stretchy pants are great for big meals, a comfy dress is even better:

Dress: Max Studio, bought at Marshalls, $19.99
Tights: Target, $6
Sweater: Bandolino, thrifted, $6
Earrings: Aldo, free
Ring: Festoon, $42
Shoes: Fabulous Footwear, $22

I think you guys have all seen these various pieces as part of different outfits before. The earrings may be the exception- they are the ones I got for free at Aldo a couple of weeks ago. I love how the turquoise of the earrings and the cocktail ring play against the deep, dark red dress. I actually took this picture AFTER I got home from Thanksgiving dinner, which, by the way, was spectacular. I didn't overeat, but I almost wish I had because the food was so amazing. Oh, well. There's always next year.

And now for the Black Friday outfit- it's the exact same dress in black! This is my "LBD" that is so comfortable that I treat it more like a sweatsuit than an LBD.


Dress: Max Studio, bought at Marshalls, $29.99
Tights: Target, I forget how much
Shoes: Burlington Coat Factory, $19.99
Brooch: Made by ME!
Hat: I have NO idea- it's so old!

Here's a close-up of the brooch that I know you are all SO impressed with- haha!

I thought it was fitting to wear all black on Black Friday. I'm going to avoid shopping centers like the plague today. I've done the Black Friday thing before and it's really not that spectacular, if you ask me. I've done the midnight shopping, the 5:00 AM shopping- it's all really exhausting and I'd much rather spend my time elsewhere to be honest. My family has really scaled back on the Christmas purchases, choosing instead to focus on spending time together rather than shopping for each other. I prefer it that way- it takes all the pressure off and allows us to actually enjoy the holiday. And my mom tends to go crazy with all her cooking, which is always nice, too.

Over the holiday, I got some feedback and fashion questions that I'll try to answer over the next few days. In the meantime, feel free to stop by Monday's Giveaway post to enter the drawing. Leave up to 3 comments to be considered for the handmade shrug I made. Click here to be taken to that post.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails