Thursday, November 5, 2009

Project Runway- Episode 12

The final challenge episode is always bittersweet, don't you think? I love seeing the great design work, but in the back of my mind, I can't help but think, "It's the beginning of the end." I really hope that Lifetime has already started casting and filming the next season because I will have some serious Project Runway withdrawal soon after it's over.

So the designers going to fashion week are Carol Hannah, Althea and Irina and the last two to be auf'd were Christopher and Gordana. I think the judges made the right decision for the most part. I'm thrilled to see an all female PR finale, but a part of me is very curious about what Christopher would have done if given the opportunity to go to fashion week. Usually the top 5 all complete collections as a way to fool the audience. Since fashion week occurs before the season airs, the producers can't have only the top 3 showing or else everyone would know who makes it to the end before the show is even on! So let's all cross our fingers and hope that Lifetime puts the collections of Christopher and Gordana online for us to see as well as the top 3.

What do you think about the final three and their designs? I loved Carol Hannah's dress, but I agree that it was a little too safe. It was beautiful, but not particularly innovative. Good thing it was perfectly executed because I think that's ultimately what got her through. That and the fact that she's never really been in the bottom- she's consistently put out decent work. Same goes for Althea and Irina- they've mostly been in the top or middle, and rarely in the bottom.

I'm looking forward to the reunion special (if Lifetime still does that), the Tim Gunn visits and of course, the final runway shows. It's all so exciting! Leave a comment and tell me what you think about it all!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails