Wednesday, November 25, 2009

More belated Shoesday Tuesday

Hey everyone- In an effort to make up for my lack of Shoesday Tuesday posts the last 2 weeks, here's another post dedicated entirely to making your feet fashionable.

I'm a personal fan of Zappos because, much like Endless, they have free shipping almost all the time. It's also kind of amazing how fast Zappos can ship, which, in my opinion, is the one advantage they have over Endless. I've placed an order with Zappos at 9 or 10 PM and received it the next morning by 10 or 11 AM. No joke! I don't understand how they do it- it's pretty magical, actually. It makes me wonder what's wrong with other companies that they can't work as quickly as Zappos. When a company tells me that it will take them 2-4 weeks just to bother to get my product packaged and ready to be shipped, then charge me upwards of $20-$30 to "expedite" shipping, I get a little peeved. But Zappos is good for more than just fast shipping. They also have some pretty amazing shoes. Like these Charles by Charles David super gorgeous red pumps:

I'm in love with the red pleated ruffle detail. So flirty and feminine! At $114.95, they are WAAAAY out of my price range, but I can still appreciate their beauty. And who knows? Maybe they'll go on sale someday for 90% off. Wouldn't that be amazing?

One of my favorite shoe labels is Nina. They are expensive, but I often find them super cheap at BonTon and sometimes even Burlington Coat Factory. (Side story: I bought a pair of Nina's for the girls at work for $14.99 at the BCF not to long ago. Sweet deal, huh? ) They can also be found at Zappos, in surpus. A few years ago I was on the hunt for a pair of retro-inspired kelly green pumps. It may have taken a few years, but here they are on Zappos- a lovely pair of satin peep toe Nina's with a fabulous bow detail:



They're not discounted enough for my wallet- they're a hefty $89.95, but like I said before, I can still appreciate the aesthetic value. I suppose if I felt like spending upwards of $100 on a pair of shoes, I'd most likely go somewhere like Zappos or Endless where my $100 can have the most bang for its buck, you know? That much might buy a pair of last season's Vivienne Westwood's or Calvin Klein, and let's be honest, who wouldn't want a beautiful pair of designer shoes in her closet? Until I have that kind of money to throw around, it's Payless and Target and BCF for me. Where do you like to shop for shoes? Leave a comment and tell me about your best shoe bargain store.

Also, feel free to stop by this week's giveaway post to leave up to three comments and be entered to win the handmade cardigan. Click here to be taken to that post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I wish I could have both these pairs.
ponytail wig

Related Posts with Thumbnails