Thursday, September 10, 2009

NYC Fashion Week starts today!

Today is my last day in New York before heading out on a camping trip for a long weekend. Talk about culture shock- the hustle & bustle of the big city, staying in a gorgeous hotel, eating at fancy restaurants to sleeping in a tent, and hanging out in the woods. Actually, we're camping in Lewes, Delaware right on the beach, and hopefully doing some ocean kayaking. I can't wait. You will not be hearing from me for those four days because there will be no "inter-webs" at the campsite. Plus, I don't think you want to hear about my camping & kayaking fashion choices. Let's just say, there are none. Utilitarian is the way to go with those trips. Speaking of, my shoes are STILL holding up really well in the city. I apply the rub relief each morning and it does the trick. My body is sore from all the walking and lugging bags full of fabric and clothing. I've already filled 1 giant suitcase and half of another and we're here until about 5:00 tonight, so I might do some more damage on the ol' credit card.

The most exciting thing about being in the city today is that it is the start of New York Fashion Week. I'm dying to get over to the tents in the hopes of spotting Michael Kors or Heidi Klum or... Tim Gun!!! Or any number of celebrities or designers. I wish I had the nerve to try to sneak into a show, but I'm afraid I don't. Maybe someday. Or maybe someday I'll actually figure out a way to finagle an invitation. If any of you out there reading this have been able to either sneak in, or get an invite, please feel free to email me with your secrets as to how you did it.

Well, I'm off to another whirlwind shopping excursion. Have a fabulous week everyone and I'll be back next Tuesday!

2 comments:

LuceBuona said...

Have a nice trip Renee!! ; )

Karen Morales said...

so lucky u are at nyc for fashion week =) i wish i could jet a plane there.

Related Posts with Thumbnails