Saturday, August 22, 2009

Opening Night Fabulousness

Tonight's opening went really well- I'm just getting home and it is SO late, but I had to share a little about the night because it was great! First, you should know that I always dress for opening night. I love to get decked to the nines for opening and I don't care what anyone thinks. The director of tonight's show is a kindred spirit where fashion is concerned. We love to shop together and we love to talk about the costumes for the shows we do together. Last week, she and I went shopping together and of course had a great time, but we also both bought the same necklace from Forever 21. (When I say we have the same taste, I'm not kidding!) Anyway, I had decided it would be my featured accessory for opening night, but that is all she knew about my opening outfit. I ended up wearing a fabulous Eliza J black dress with the necklace. It was a match made in heaven. Here's the necklace:

Please forgive my horrible shiny red face in this picture- I really should have freshened my make-up a bit before the close-up, huh? The dress is not only adorable, it's SO comfortable:

I wish you could see in the picture, but I'm wearing these shoes:

I look a little awkward in this picture- sorry about that, but I am still working on figuring out how to do the timed self-portrait feature with my camera- I haven't worked out all the kinks just yet. After about a dozen attempts, I finally gave up on trying to get my feet in the picture. I'll keep practicing! Anyway, the point of showing you my outfit is not to point out all my photography weaknesses. The point is this: Andrea (director of the show and good friend) had no idea what I was wearing tonight other than the necklace. She gave me a congratulatory bottle of wine as an opening night gift and you will die when you see it:

Just in case you can't see it clearly in the picture, here's a close-up:

Could there possibly be a better fit for me tonight? Honestly! I died when I saw it- it's SO perfect! It was a flawless finish to a fabulous opening! More on opening night another time- for now, it's time for bed! Good night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must say that this dress (and bling) look amazing on you! You should attend more opening nights if you can!

Renée T. Habashy said...

Thank you! I'd LOVE to attend more opening nights, so if anyone is having one, let me know! :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails